Getting Organized in a Resource Room Setting: Tip #1 Student Kits

  Do you ever get tired of kids needing to sharpen pencils, get a glue stick, or a pair of scissors?!?  I started making kits a couple of years ago for every desk in my classroom.  Each kit includes the following items: extra pencils, scissors, a box of crayons, a small ruler, a pencil sharpener, and a dry-erase marker with an eraser. I can’t tell you how much this saves time in my classroom. When you only have students for 40 minutes per period, you have to be efficient.  It also adds to the overall structure of my classroom. Everything they will need to participate in the lesson is right at their desk. 
  Right now is a great time to stock up on these items during Back-to-School sales.  I actually bought the kits and pencil sharpeners on sale at Wal-mart for 10 cents each!!!  The dry-erase markers can be purchased at Office Depot.  They come in a pack of 6 and only cost 5 dollars. I will leave you with a picture of the kits that I use in my resource room.


No comments:

Post a Comment